Monday, October 17, 2016

"Artsy" and their Bucky Fuller Page

Today I received an email from a fellow named Matt, from the website "Artsy."  Matt informed me that their site has a Bucky Fuller Page, and that they would like "to be included as an additional resource for your visitors via a link on your page."  This is an apparently obvious connection since my work is concerned with domes, which was part of Fuller's focus also.

I am happy to oblige, so with this brief entry I am providing a link to their Bucky Fuller Page.

I have written a small amount about Fuller's work here on my blog, below are a few entries where I talk briefly about Buckminster Fuller, his work, and how it relates to my own work.

When Fuller means Less: the weight is over.





I have over 300 blog entries, so if you'd like to see what my interests are, just navigate around the blog.  I apologize, in advance, for some of my silly poems.  I was challenged to write poems about masonry for NaPoWriMo (National poetry Writing Month) which I did for 5 years, so I have 150 poems about masonry, all done in the month of April, which is poetry month.

Bucky's followers are usually strict adherents to his philosophy of design, which states that buildings must be evaluated by how much they weigh.  I do not ascribe to this evaluation criterion, because it means that all masonry building is bad.  Sorry, Bucky followers, please don't hate me for disagreeing with you and your leader, I understand the concept of economy of design, and doing more with less.  Masonry is inherently massive, and sometimes massive is good.  I remain a fan and admirer of Buckminster Fuller and his work.

2 comments:

  1. I want to share my testimony of how i become rich and famous today… i was deeply strangled up by poverty and i had no body to help me, and also i search for help from different corners but to no avail… i see people around me getting rich but to me i was so ashamed of my self so i met a man on my way he was very rich and he was a doctor so he told me something and i think over it though out the day so the next day i looked up and i keep repeating what he said to me. ” if you want to get rich quick and be famous” you need to cross your heart and do what is in your mind so i tried all i could in other for me to do as he said so later on i told my fellow friend about this same thing then my friend was interested in my suggestions so i decided to look in the internet and i found their number so we decided to contact them and unfortunately we did as they instruct us to do and later they told us to get some requirements and all the rest… so this initiation took us just a week and later on the great fraternity gave us $1,200,000 to start up our lives…. and now am testifying that if in any case you want to join any great fraternity all you need to do is for you to contact them because they are legitimate and they do as what they instructed them to do, so you can as well WhatsApp: +233594515977 or you can Email: Markroland08011@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete